A couple of weeks ago Randy and I, along with some good friends, headed to Crescent City, Ca for spring break 2011! We stayed in a great cabin, had one beautiful day of hiking through the Redwoods, and all around had a great time. Enjoy some pictures!
baby Johansen, Eric, Tana, Me, Randy, Jen, Devin and twin baby Farrs
On the drive home Randy and I decided to drive up the Oregon coast instead of taking I-5. It was something neither of us had done so we were glad to check it off the list. Lots of beautiful coastline!
We stopped at the World's Largest Sea Lion Cave. WAY over priced for what it is but, we checked it off the list :)
We also stopped at the Oregon Coast Aquarium in Newport. Randy loves him a good aquarium!
Randy's favorite section of the aquarium was the shark tunnel.
The aquarium happened to be showing an amazing exhibit called the Washed Ashore Exhibit. The artist Angela Haseltine Pozzi started collecting items that had been washed ashore the Oregon coastline. She then took those items and created amazing pieces of artwork. I wish it was a permanent exhibit at the aquarium because it really makes you stop and think about the impact waste is having on our oceans and the valuable animals that inhabit the waters. (Jane i'm sure you are rolling your eyes. another blog post with an environmental mention:) ) anyway, if you have time or just want to see more artwork check out the website: http://washedashore.org
Overall, it was a great trip! Great to get away from school and work, great to spend time with friends, and great to get out and enjoy nature!






5 comments:
I loved all of those pictures! What beauty! Thanks for the heads up on the Sea Lion Caves. We've wanted to take the kids, but maybe we'll rethink it. Glad you guys had fun on your trip though!
It looks like you had an awesome trip. I sure miss the two of you. I hope everything is going well for you.
So good to hear from you two! WE used to camp there all the time when we were little. Looks like a fun time!
Looks like you guys had tons of fun! I love that part of California! Miss you!
Ah, that makes me want to go back and do it all over again (without the sleepless nights of course)! Geesh, I need to get a camera like yours. I look at your pics next to mine and the color/clarity is amazing in yours!
Post a Comment