Meet Leonidas "Leo", the newest member of our family!
If you are family or close friend you are probably gasping for air right now. You're probably wondering how on earth Randy convinced me to get a dog. I was gone last weekend at a dental conference in Portland. When I got home on Saturday evening Randy had a surprise he wanted to show me. He explained that he had been looking into getting a dog for "awhile now" and that he had even been to look at a few. He finally found one that he wanted to get. I thought he was joking but we got in the car and drove over to meet the future Leonidas. When we got home from our visit, the conversation went like this :
randy: "honey, how mad will you be if i get this puppy?"
katie: "what do you mean?"
randy: "will you be really pissed mad or take the puppy and sleep somewhere else mad?"
katie: "probably just really pissed mad"
randy: "ok, i'm getting the dog"
Mostly, we're getting along just fine. He is actually a pretty good little puppy. We had our first visit to the vet yesterday and everything appears to be in working order. Randy is in heaven and loving every minute. I'm in and out of happiness and panic over trying to keep the house clean and smelling dog free. No worries, the fancy plug-in hepa filters have already been ordered and should be arriving this week :) We've been watching the Dog Whisperer online and i'm off to the library to check out puppy training books today. Anyone have any tips/suggestions?
The Cons: we have a 9 week old puppy and are having to deal with all the challenges that come with potty accidents and crate training.
The Pros: the name leonidas is now out of commission for future naming purposes. when randy and i talk about having children and baby names he always mentions leonidas. leonidas, really? in my opinion, its a little too much of a name for a child. now, thanks to our little puppy, the name leonidas is officially taken.
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



16 comments:
Oh, that Randy is sneaky! However, that Leo is one cute little puppy. Good luck with training him. I've heard having a puppy is like having a kid :)
WAIT. Hold the phone. You got a DOG and I found out on your blog?!!!?!?!?!??! I'm calling you.
Oh my gosh!! I'm shocked! But I have to admit that little guy is pretty cute. Man, Randy looks like a kid in a candy store!
Oh man ...Brooks and I are laughing and laughing at your post ...we are way too much like you guys (and your conversations) ...just no dog. Good luck with all the "joys" of dogs! I will pray for you!
GASPING !! Um, Katie, is that a Mastiff ?? Um, Katie, LARGE. Um, Katie, DROOLING. Okay, he is CUTE.
alena- a lot like having a kid...constant watching over, lots of potty cleanup, motivated by treats :)
auntie- he is old english bulldog with a little slice of mastiff. the breeders thinks he'll get to be about 80lbs. his parents weren't super large. and so far, no drooling:)
I just googled OEB. Sounds like you chose a pretty darn sweet, albeit possibly stubborn, breed!! How did Randy find him? I wish I could kiss him while he still has puppy breath!! I'm excited!!!!!
Oh wow, how funny! Nice of you to be a good sport, and he is really cute. I am very clueless about training dogs but if you ever have any questions I know a vet and I volunteer his free advice and expertise. :) ha ha
Ahhh, how cute! And funny... You two are hilarious! He is one cute puppy. Wishing you the best with training...no clue there.
Katie, I am shocked SHOCKED that this happened! I gasped when I heard Randy tell Devin. And it's true that now that the name 'leonitis' has been taken by the dog, there is no way this name can be used in the future. Although, there is always Teal'c....you better get a second dog.
Oh Jen, don't mention a 2nd dog...or the name Teal'c! Randy doesn't need anymore ideas :)
Wow - Randy is VERY sneaky! I am stunned! He is one cute puppy...good luck training him!
Um, Auntie, did you just say you wanted to kiss Leo while he still has "puppy breath"??? That must be one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard! No seriously, I think my gag reflex is kicking in right about now. (Clearly I am not a dog person. But I love you for it.)
Jane, LOLOLOL. Just to let you know, puppy breath is one of the most incredibly wonderful smells in the entire world. It should be bottled, IMHO.
Awww... Its so gute, I cant wait to see in person. I cant beleive that you guys actually got a puppy. Its so not what I expected, but i'm glad you did.
-Your sissy Hannah
How cute...(: see you next weekend my brother.... (:
Post a Comment