Our first night in Nashville we cruised down the Cumberland River aboard the General Jackson showboat. We had a really nice dinner and were treated to an hour long performance.
On our way off the boat we caught wind of a concert taking place at Roberts Western World in downtown Nashville.
Brazilbilly was a good 'ole fashioned honky tonk country band complete with an amazing fiddle player, upright bass and a lead singer reminiscent of Johnny Cash. They were incredible and it was a really fun show. Roberts is a small venue but packed with people and full of energy. This show was probably my favorite experience in Nashville ( I know you're shocked it wasn't the perio disease conference).
Day 2 we spent more time downtown Nashville checking out all the little shops, trying the local delicacies at Jack's BBQ, and taking in a show at the Grand Ole Opry.
Country Hall of Fame member Little Jimmy Dickens. No joke about his name, he's only 4'11''!
Eddie Montgomery of the band Montgomery Gentry giving me a double whammy...the wink AND thumbs up!
You can't go to Nashville without bringing back a little piece of country influence. Can you guess which pair is mine? A little hint...I may or may not wear a women's size 12... in all fairness, my coworkers are all pretty short :)
Just to prove I learned something at the conference...one dentist stated that 75% of the population has some form of periodontal disease...i sure hope you're all flossing!






11 comments:
Oh my gosh -- LOVE THE BOOTS !!!
Katie, did you really buy some cowgirl boots?! Looks like you had some serious fun!
Love the boots! Love the jacket! Love the new hair cut! Love the photos. What lens were you using?
Excuse me, I need to go floss my teeth.
Jen- I seriously bought some boots! I must admit, I love them. I'll have to wear them next time we come over :) hahahaha
Mom- I was just using the standard 55mm lens. i'm glad you like the pictures. I was playing with my setting all weekend. There were a lot of pictures that didn't turn out...like the one in front of the opry that is a little blurry.
Kates, I totally had a dream about those boots last night--only they were MINE!!!
Great pictures, Kate! I love the one with the ribs! Cute boots, too!
Auntie- I think that means YOU need a pair of boots!!
Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! You two seriously know how to have fun. I'm glad you got 'something' out of the conference. Hey, what about your Hawaii trip?
there was one too many 'funs' in that comment, ha
Oh I am SO jealous...I really want to visit Nashville someday. Looks like so much fun! I love your hair too by the way.
AND thanks so much for Avery's little Halloween prize. She loves her Dora toothbrush...seriously. Which is great because she does not love brushing her teeth. And she's been carrying her card and your picture around for days. Its pretty cute. And she calls Randy Randall.
Oh i'm glad you got the toothbrush Danielle. And I love that Avery calls Randy Randall. I can't wait to hear it in person!
You need to get to Nashville someday. The people were so nice and friendly and the music was fantastic. Everywhere we went there was someone playing live music and they were all very talented. I guess it is the place to be if you are wanting to start up a music career.
Post a Comment