Monday, May 31, 2010

remembering

Crazy to think but 5 years ago this weekend Randy asked me to marry him! 


I'm sure glad he asked! 

12 comments:

Jane said...

When I read this I actually said, "Awwww CUTE" out loud, ha ha. I remember that night...most specifically you guys coming home and then everyone gathering on mom and dad's bed to see your ring!

Katie and Randy said...

that was a fun night. not sure how we all ended up on mom and dad's bed...funny. i guess it's the unofficial gathering place. i also remember calling trav and danielle and it was the middle of the night in nebraska. danielle thought i was one of her friends calling in the middle of the night. fun memories!

LeAnn said...

Is that a current picture or one taken five years ago? It doesn't look like you have a wedding ring on. And since neither of you seem to be aging as fast as I am, I can't tell!!

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

cute pic! glad we got to see you guys at the wedding!

Woodengirl said...

Time flies doesn't it!

I remember that night too. Randy had come up and had already had "the talk" with Dad. We kind of knew it was coming any day. We were asleep when you two came in our room to tell us the news. Jane and Ryan were with you. You kids all plopped into bed with us and were excited and talking and calling Trav and Danielle, and there was Randy standing at the bottom of the bed a little unsure of what to do. We told him to "come on in..... the look on his face was priceless..."get in my in law's bed with them...what the heck?"......but he jumped on in and snuggled up. He's a brave, good man.

LeAnn said...

Colleen, I remember exactly where we were when you showed me your engagement ring and told me you and Marc were getting married. We were standing on the concrete step with our names in it at the Greenlake house.

Woodengirl said...

OH, ya, I remember that moment. Then I went inside the house and showed Mom the ring and she said, "I hope that's not what I think it is." I try to remember NOT to say that to any of my kids when they show me their sparkler. Just saying.

LeAnn said...

Well, in Mom's behalf, your children weren't 19 years old when they showed you their sparklers !!!

Katie and Randy said...

auntie that picture was taken the weekend of our engagement. if you look closely i'm showing off the sparkler. it's right there next to randy's face. how did rico ask you to marry him?

LeAnn said...

Oh Kates. Rico was so romantic!! I told him he HAD to ask me. He poured himself a huge martini, guzzled it down, and then said: So...okay...um...will you marry me. Or something lamely similar to that.
xoxo

Woodengirl said...

And then they eloped to Las Vegas.

Katie and Randy said...

hahahaha