Last night Randy and I diverted from our usually driving range and Costco date night and headed here:
Henry Hagg Lake. It's a quick 10 minutes from our place and just beautiful. Especially last night. Randy got a new fishing pole for his birthday and he decided it would be fun to take a picnic and try out his new pole. We always go to the same spot up at Hagg Lake but a few of our neighbors must have had the same idea. It was super crowded. We decided to drive around the lake a little and find a new spot. Not sure if it was new pole or new spot luck but we were getting so many bites Randy hardly had a minute to eat his sandwich.
It started to rain a little as we were packing up. Kind of put a damper on a great evening until we saw this... a FULL half rainbow. AMAZING. It was too big to capture fully with the camera in one shot.
I tried to crop the two together. Still, the picture doesn't even come close to doing it justice!
A vibrant red sky followed the rainbow. According to Randy there is an old seamen's saying, Red in the morning, sailors take warning. Red in the night, sailors delight. I guess it was our lucky night!
We also drove across this little hunters paradise on the way out.
Can you tell what those little brown dots are?... Elk!
We'll try to post a little sooner next time around. We've been slacking off on the blogging lately :)

8 comments:
Oh I love this post! Such pretty pictures--what a cool rainbow. It sounds like you guys had such a good time and the weather looks so nice! Also, I just have to say that it cracks me up that you guys normally go to the driving range for your date night...just becuase I can honestly say that I don't think that idea has ever even crossed our minds for a date!!
(sorry, just to clarify...by that last part I mean that it just makes me realize how NON sporty we are!)
I think where you live is absolutely gorgeous. I especially loved the picture of the red sunset. It also sounds like there are lots of fun outdoor activities to do. Maybe I will try to convince Dave that we need to visit.
What a sweet day.
Yeah a totally wonderful day! One to look back on with fondness in five years. Thanks love for the memory!
-Randy
Aww, Randy's comment is cute!
What a fun date night! Love the photos of nature and you two! You guys are adorable!
Five Years already,WOO HOOO! This was a beautiful post. I love the pictures. What an awesome night.
Post a Comment