Sunday, February 21, 2010

5 Ball

We have been blessed with some great springish weather here in Oregon the last few weeks. So much so, Randy and I took the opportunity to dust off our golf clubs and head to the driving range the last two Fridays.
 If any of you have ever gone to the driving range with a Wilson, you know we have a little tradition. My dad and brothers love golf so the driving range was a pretty frequent outing in the summers. I think the competition started out with 3 balls. Randy and I play with 5 balls. Either way, the game is the same. Whatever size bucket you get, you reserve your last 3 or 5 balls for competition.
You alternate choosing shots and best out of 3 or 5 shots WINS. There is a little bit of debate between Randy and I as to who is the champion from last season. He swears it was him but I KNOW it was me.
Well, 2010 is new year. Randy brought home the first victory of the season last Friday while I won in a tie breaker this Friday. We try to keep it fun but sometimes I can get a little competitive. Randy is much more gracious in defeat. I appreciate that about him.

6 comments:

Jane said...

Wait...how did I not know about this 3 or 5 ball tradition? I recall many times at the driving range...but I think I usually donated the last half of my bucket to one of you guys or dad...must be why I missed out on the competition.

Are you using your new camera? I love the photos!

sa-rah said...

Yeah, the weather up here has been great, too! 5-ball is a great way to end the day at the driving range!

LeAnn said...

I love the killer look of determination on your face, Katie!!

Anonymous said...

I crunch was on...I had to win the tie breaker to bring home the victory. I guess I was focused :)
Jane-we are using the new camera. Still trying to get the hang of all the settings. There is so much to learn it's a little overwhelming...but fun!
Katie

Anonymous said...

What a great looking driving range! And both your swings look perfect. Wish i were there with you. Brings back so many fun memories. Did you get the McDonald's ice cream cone on the way home? Love ya Dad

Woodengirl said...

Hmmmm, I have never participated in the mysterious 5 ball tradition either. Jane, where were we? How did we miss this?

Anyway, Katie, it looks like the two of you are having a good time! Dad has been hitting the links and the driving range too lately.

Oh, and I HAVE noticed that little competitive tendency you have. Ha ha. I am sure you give Randy a run for his money!