Monday, February 8, 2010

Superbowl mayhem part II

Do we all remember last year's Superbowl XL III? Remember that little kitchen fire Randy and I had while cooking chicken wings? Well it appears that we are CURSED...cursed with Superbowl cooking disasters!!

Randy went outside to BBQ some chicken and C-R-A-C-K! We now have a broken window. I was upstairs when the whole thing happened but apparently the BBQ was too hot and quickly heated the cool window causing it to shatter. That's the theory at least. Just to clarify, we have had this BBQ for a year and a half and use it frequently, without issues. Two years in a row! Seriously!?


7 comments:

Woodengirl said...

Oh my gosh, what are the chances!

Seriously. You need to go to someone else's house next year to break the curse.

Too bad about the window. Be careful, those pieces could fall in and cut someone. Will it be fixed soon?

So weird. So very weird.

Jane said...

Ha ha ha, weird! Did you get dad's voicemail asking if you had another fire? ha ha. We were thinking of you and wondering if anything would happen...

Alena said...

What a bum deal. I hope at least that the wings turned out and your team won.

Jan said...

Wow, spooky. I hope you guys are ok and that this curse breaks soon. Sorry about the window...that's a bad break. But, alas...how did the food turn out??

Katie and Randy said...

the wings turned out great this year but the BBQ chicken was...a little burnt!

Unknown said...

haha, poor girl, you're not the only one, I lit the oven on fire once and Kent had no eyelashes for about a month after that. it so funny to look back at it now tho. better luck next year!!

sa-rah said...

Yikes, Kate! I think I'd go with your mom's idea - go somewhere else next year to break the curse! :)