Friday, October 30, 2009

In the name of science...or extra credit

Remember that Biology 101 class? Let's see how much you remember. Which Biology related thing is Randy trying to portray?

His teacher offered anyone extra credit if they came to class dressed up as something related to the material they've gone over in class. After brainstorming a few ideas Randy settled on .....


Looking good honey! Any guesses?

12 comments:

Woodengirl said...

If those are small nodules embedded in his surface could Randy be portraying "Endoplasmic Reticulum?

Woodengirl said...

Oh, wait. what I meant was ROUGH Endoplasmic Reticulum. See how rough he looks...rough and tough.

Jen said...

You guys told me last night what he was and I can't even remember now. Probably because when you told me I nodded my head and smiled but really didn't have a clue as to what you were talking about. :) I do remember that Tana knew what it was though....

sa-rah said...

Wow, I have no idea - Bio 101 was long time ago...

Jane said...

Ah, good one mom. Rough ER..how clever!

I was thinking more like some kind of respiration...uhhhhh...whoops. Ha ha.

Katie and Randy said...

mom, did you cheat and google "ER"? either way, YOU guessed it RIGHT! Randy was the rough er.

Woodengirl said...

I GUESSED IT RIGHT!!!!
OH YA!
OH YA!
OH YA!
(I'm doing a little dance to my oh ya's - you should see me right now...or maybe not, it might be better in my mind)
And no, I did not google ER.
Sheesh!
I googled Biology 101, and read through some crazy study notes someone had posted. You will notice that I posted my answer one hour and three minutes after you posted your question. Thats how long it took me to review the entire class and comb through vocabulary for anything E and R related. Then I narrowed it down. The nodules embedded in the cell surface(Randy's polka dots) which create the "rough" (like his expression)sealed the deal.
OH YA!
OH YA!
(she dances in to the family room to tell Dad what a good detective/guesser she is)
OH YA!
OH YA!
(he is going to be so not impressed, but she is going to try anyway)
OH YA!
OH YA!
OH YA!
(cuz she's feeling pretty full of herself)
OH YA!

By the way, maybe next time, if I am feeling this celebratory, I'll write an even longer comment.

Delayne said...

Endoplasmic Reticulum!! Who would have thought my son was one of those???

Jane said...

I'm glad you called mom out on googling it...I wanted to yesterday but was afraid she might think I was accusing her of cheating...haha

Woodengirl said...

Cheating!
Cheating!

You are calling your mother a cheater?

Since when is RESEARCH, and PUZZLING OUT A QUESTION cheating? Huh? It took me a whole hour and three minutes to learn enough Biology 101 to be able to figure out your question. That is the work of a DEDICATED DETECTIVE.

Sheesh, who raised you girls to abuse your mother this way?

Oh, that would be me. (Excuse me while I go find something to bang myself on the head with.)

Alissa said...

Endoplasmic Reticulum. No googling involved. Just 4 years of undergrad and 4 years of medical school...glad the biology is good for something!

You could have your Halloween costume. Katie could be ATP!

Hannalee said...

Todd got it right - I will admit, I had no clue.....I seem to remember sleeping through many Biology lectures, that's freshman year for you. Wow, that feels like a long time ago!!