Sunday, September 20, 2009

Chalk one up for sight

Saturday morning I participated in the Pacific University/Lions Club 5k walk/run for sight. This was a first for me. I have never done a 5k and it was actually really fun. I signed up with a few friends, two running, two walking. Jen and I started the walk and ended up finishing up running when our friend Tana caught up to us. I'm definitely the kind of person that needs an incentive/goal when it comes to exercise so the 5k was perfect. It was especially fun to do this with friends. The time always seems to go faster when you have someone to chat with.

getting ready to start the race

post race with Randy and the crew

After the 5k Randy and I headed over to the Forest Grove Corn Roast and Chalk Festival. For $3 you can get a wrist band for all you can eat corn. Randy ate 5 ears while I was only able to get down 2. The corn was locally grown in Forest Grove and was just delicious! After filling up we headed to Main Street to check out the chalk art. Anyone can participate in the chalk festival and there were a lot of interesting things to see. My favorites of the day were the stained glass replica and the self portraits. Randy's favorite was the tribute to the Kanye/Taylor Swift debacle. Here are a few of the more interesting ones:



































6 comments:

Woodengirl said...

Wow, cool chalk art. Reminds me of that scene from Mary Poppins where they go into a sidewalk chalk drawing.

You never cease to amaze me, Katie, with all your sporty-ness!

Can't wait to see you Friday!
Love,
Mom

Jen said...

That was such a fun day! Thanks for letting me tag along with you and shorty to the corn roast. Otherwise, it would have just been me and my balloon...

Dev said...

Devin's Magic Train...haha, classic.

Anonymous said...

I love these! Except that red blob thing with the three white dots really bugs me. WTF is that?
AuntLeann

Anonymous said...

hahahaha-Auntie i think it is a mushroom from Mario Brothers the video game.
-Katie

Anonymous said...

O
xoxoAuntie