Friday, September 18, 2009

Bulk Food

The next time you’re headed to the grocery store try strolling through the bulk food section. You might be surprised at what you find…and save!

All this; 2 types of chocolate chips, flour, oatmeal, 2 types of pasta, salt, raisins, coconut, yeast, brown sugar, almonds, cinnamon, cumin and taco seasoning for a grand total of…$13.11

I especially love the spices portion of bulk food. Save your old spice jars and once you run out buy enough to refill them. Today I refilled my cinnamon jar for 20 cents and cumin for 30 cents. Can’t beat that!

7 comments:

Alena said...

I'm impressed! Really, that's a great deal! Where does one find these bulk food bins? Except for the bulk candy bins, I've never seen them at our grocery store :(

Danielle said...

Great tip! I wish they has these at our store.

Jen said...

I love the bulk section! I could wander around there for a long time, just thinking of all the things I could make using mostly stuff found there.

Anonymous said...

I'm always afraid someone before me sneezed in the bin. Or didn't wash their potty hands!
AuntLeAnn

Anonymous said...

Funny you should mention that Auntie! Stay away from the fresh olives at Safeway. Randy and I were shopping and this homeless lady walked into the store, lifted the plastic lid and STUCK HER BARE HAND IN, grabbed a handful of olives and munched them down on her way out the store!

I prefer the bins that aren't open but have a lever you pull and it dispenses for you :)

-Katie

Woodengirl said...

Good job bugsy! You are quite a bargain finder! I like the dispenser kind of container idea! That olive story was gross!

sa-rah said...

Thanks for the tip, Katie! I figured it out for nuts, but I didn't even look at the spices - genius!