Our friend Jen celebrated a golden birthday this past week. To honor the event she decided it would be fun to make pinatas. Neither of us had made pinatas before so Jen did some research online, noted a few pointers and without a second thought we were off.
Lots and lots of newspaper, spray paint, glue, colored paper and about 8 hours later and we had the finished products! Jen made a hot-air ballon, and a golden snitch. I opted for a monkey.
The night of Jen's birthday we took our pinatas to the park, took turns being blindfolded and had ourselves a good 'ole fashion pinata smashing party. Who says you're too old for pinatas?
6 comments:
Wow, I am impressed!!! They look great! I wouldn't have wanted to smash them!
Your monkey looks great! What a great idea!
I am laughing hysterically at that adorable little monkey. It is a delightful work of art! All those little fringes and everything must have taken patience and time! My goodness how could you bear to bash it to pieces?
yeah it did take a L-O-N-G time to make, but it was really fun! I will admit, I did have a little twing in my heart as we rode over to the smashing party but really, what am I going to do with a monkey pinata? Half the fun was breaking it open and diving for the candy:)
yeah...I wouldn't have smashed after all that work! Cute.
so.... the picture of the PRE-colored monkey.... does not look like a monkey. he he. It looks like...well...lol....not a monkey? Lets just say I had a good laugh.
Good job though! The finished product does look like a monkey. :)
Post a Comment