The weather has been so nice lately and last night was no exception. Randy BBQ'd us some delicious hamburgers and we enjoyed dinner on our back patio.
Remember those flower boxes I planted back in October? The tulips and daffodils are finally starting to flower. There hasn't been much sun since the stems started to grow about a month ago. Our tulips have really started to open up over the last 3 days. It's kind of funny but I half expected that nothing would grow. This was my first attempt at growing from seeds (or bulbs in this case) and it was mostly an experiment. It's pretty amazing to think those bulbs stayed down there all winter long, through the frost and snow, and still started to bloom right on schedule. To add to our colorful flowers, we also have a tree that sits just on the other side of the fence. It is also in full bloom. As long as we've taken our allergy medication, it's a great addition to our backyard sanctuary.
After dinner Randy and I went on a walk. Randy is just starting to feel better after being sick all week. He's been couped up in the house all week per doctors orders so the fresh air and sunshine were a nice change....that is until I convinced him to swing on the swings with me. Poor guy was hit with a bout of motion sickness for the rest of the night. Guess we won't be doing that again :)
The only other exciting news to report is the intramural basketball team I play on through Pacific University won the championship tonight! It's been a really fun season. The league was pretty low key but still a lot of fun. I'm just thankful they let an old timer like myself join their team.
8 comments:
Wow! Congratulations you champ! I didn't know your were back at it.
And the flowers are wonderful! I bet your little courtyard is beautiful! Good job on the experiment.
I am glad Randy is feeling better.
Love ya
Mom
First, your flowers look beautiful. They were the first thing I noticed on your blog (before I read any of your post). Second, congrats on being intramural champs. I'm sure you were their star player :)
Glad to hear that Randy is feeling better! The sun has rocked up here. I wish it could just stay about 80 all year long. That would be nice....
I'm totally impressed with your flowers! You've got a nice little flower garden going. How's that artichoke doing? ;) I need to bring you the one I took. I don't think he'll make it on the long trip to Utah.
Good job on the flowers, Kate! They're so pretty! Congratulations, champion! Way to go!
How fun Katie! Good job on the flowers and b-ball. :)
I'm jealous of your plants! But my favorite picture has to be Randy with the heart...
Also, in response to your comment, well yes we brought our tent...ha ha. You would have been proud...I had a moment during packing where I realized that maybe bringing things that would allow us to do fun things like camping would be more worthwhile than bringing more clothes...such a turning point, I know. ha haaa.
Wow your flowers look great! Good job.
We missed you this week, but we got your cute gift. Thanks you so much. You are so sweet!
Post a Comment