A big Thank You goes out to everyone who came out and saw a game(s), asked him about his season or simply wished him well in this endeavor.
During the final moments of his last game, my eyes were welled with tears. Not necessarily because it was the end of another season, but because as his wife, it's been a special experience to see Randy pursue basketball over the last 3 years. I'm proud of Randy for his willingness to go after his dream and for enduring all of the necessary steps.
Shortly after we were married, we were snuggled up in bed and Randy was telling me that he always wondered if he would have been good enough to play college ball. The thought had entered his mind following high school but as circumstances would have it, he ended up working for a year and promptly leaving on his mission.
A year after we married, we moved to WA for my schooling. Randy was enrolled at Bellevue CC. He emailed the coach, tried out for the team and ended up playing 2 seasons before transferring to Pacific U.
Well honey, you did it! I'm proud of you and I love you...and welcome to retirement :)
10 comments:
Yeay Randy! We're proud of you too.
Katie you are such a sweet and supportive wife!
GOOD FOR YOU, RAH, AND WAY TO GO, RANDY!! Now quit, before you tear your knees up. xo
AuntLeAnn
We had so much fun going to some of the games! We're looking forward to hopefully getting out with you guys more on the weekends.
Now I have tears in my eyes - I was thinking you had 1 more year, and therefore I had 1 more year to watch you play a few more times.
I loved going to your games the last few years. Sitting with Katie watching you play has been so fun.
If you were out to prove something Randy - you most certainly did. Congratulations! I am proud of you and love you.
Marc
Katie you had tears??? Just kidding ...Randy congrats! You both are my favorite college basketball players!
I agree with Marc. We sure have had fun at Randy's games.
It has also been great to watch you tackle the challenges, Randy, and to see you work hard for something you really wanted. It is inspirational.
Well, on to the next thing. And I agree with Auntie - I am glad you skipped the blowing out your knees part.
Love you both.
Mom
Yay Randy!
Congratulations Randy! That is a wonderful achievement!
Congratulations, Randy! I had so much watching your games with Katie! I'm really proud of you for giving it all you've got! Katie-you're a great wife!
(p.s. I almost teared up when you said you teared up...and I teared up during your last game - I don't know if I ever told you that)
Dang...it was fun going to the games. Sorry it's all over. It as fun while it lasted though. You had a little posse of fans going on there! Oh well, more time for studying *cough xbox cough*, right? haha :) Later!
Post a Comment