Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring Break and more

2 weeks ago Randy had a week of school off for Spring Break. I had an assignment and was working the entire week so thankfully Randy's dad offered to fly him down to Las Vegas for a visit. 

They went lizard hunting and were lucky enough to catch one of Randy's favorites, the Desert Collared Lizard (in picture).



Randy with his dad and little brother Xander


Randy eating his sushi loving heart out! I can't stand sushi so unfortunately (for him) he never really gets to have it. I think this was a real treat for him.


After Randy got back from Las Vegas, we met up with these characters and headed up to Seattle for the Real Salt Lake vs Seattle Sounders MLS game. Devin and Jenn are huge soccer fans and were nice enough to invite us along for the fun. 


Randy and I aren't huge soccer fans but after attending a RSL game back in November, I was converted. Not necessarily to soccer but to going to the games. Soccer fans have a reputation for being pretty crazy. The Sounders game wasn't too rambunctious (i think it's because they're a new team) but it was still a really good time. 



Randy and I had never been inside Qwest stadium. It's a pretty awesome stadium and the Sounders had a ton of fans. I think Devin was saying Seattle had like 30,000 fans at the game. Pretty cool. 



Devin got us tickets with the RLS fans. Can you find Randy?



Following the game we stayed at my parents house so we didn't have to drive back in the middle of the night. Mom and dad made us a delicious breakfast the next morning complete with lemon-cheese danishes and maple bacon. Both were new recipes for mom and we were happy to be her test subjects. Breakfast was fabulous but it was even better be able to visit with them a little. It was so great to see them! 



Before taking off to Oregon we stopped by and checked out the Ballard Locks in Seattle. Always a fun time. I really love big industrial looking things such as bridges or cranes. It's one of the reasons I think downtown Seattle and Portland are such beautiful cities. Here is a picture of the draw bridge  just outside of the locks.  



Oh and did I mention it's this guy's birthday tomorrow! HAPPY BIRTHDAY RANDY.


3 comments:

Jen said...

Me and Dev cannot stop talking about your moms yummy breakfast that she made us. Even now, I think about that lemony goodness and I start to drool...Thanks for going up there with us and getting us the hookup with an over-night stay. It was great fun, even though RSL lost and we had to sit by insane swearing drunkards.

Anonymous said...

I talked to your Mom before you came up for the weekend and she was VERY excited. Happy Birthday Randy!
Love, your insane swearing drunkard AuntLeAnn.

Delayne said...

So glad Randy had a great time with his a dad and ben in Vegas. It is fun to see the pics. Rob too enjoyed visiting with him. I look forward to when we can visit but I want to have both of you around.