Saturday, December 6, 2008

Mullet Man

Lately, or over the last 6 months rather, Randy has been growing out his hair. I gave him a haircut this summer a month before my sister Jane's wedding but he hasn't wanted one since. I have offered many times but he keeps telling me that he wants to see how long his hair will grow. I'm hoping that he is just going through a "having fun with my hair" phase. Here is the most recent picture of his efforts:

Randy Bolick

It's not that I don't like his long hair. In fact, when I first meet Randy 4 years ago he had longer hair.



As some of you may know, Randy went to Hawaii with his team for Thanksgiving (he promises to post some pictures once finals are over). I took this as the perfect opportunity to convince him to get a haircut. I keep telling him Hawaii would be really hot, his head would get super hot and sweaty while playing, it would be easier if he had short hair, etc...A few days before Randy left for Hawaii he woke up ready for a haircut. However, he didn't want just any ordinary haircut, he wanted this haircut....


Business in the front


Party in the back

Now if it were 1982 he would be dang sexy!


No worries...I fixed it:)



Ahhh...doesn't he look GREAT!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We’ll the best part of this story wasn’t told, I kept my “mullet” for basketball practice that same day. My coach wouldn’t even look at me the whole practice!!! All of my team mates loved it and could not stop laughing the whole practice. They all though I should have made it my permanent hair style through out the season (intimidation factor I guess ;) ).
I don’t know why Katie insisted on me cutting my hair after she gave me the mullet. There is only a select few that can pull of this hair cut, and I don’t want to toot my own horn, but “Man I look good”. Stay tuned for the next couple of months to see what happens next on “The Adventures of Randy’s hair”.

In all seriousness I really can’t see why people don’t like this hair cut! ;)

-Randy "the husband of the most wonderful wife in the world" also called Randy Savage, Randy Travis, and all the other Randys out there that can pull off a real man's haircut.

Anonymous said...

Oh, boy, you had me going there for a minute! Whew! For some reason, unexplainable for sure, I can totally imagine Randy wearing a mullet, just for the heck of it. In our family though, there is something called a D-O-R-K A-L-E-R-T! I am sure that is what went off in your head, and it lead to your handsome, manly, last photo. Whew! Nice job on THAT cut Katie!!!
Mom

Alena said...

That is so funny, I laughed so hard when I saw his hair! My brothers would be jealous! I'm sure that there is a specific name for that type of mullet...and I can't get over the faux hawk. All he needs now is a members only jacket and he will be good to go.

sa-rah said...

Ha ha ha...Randy-I can't believe you actually walked out of the house in that haircut! Gross! ;) Good job fixing it, Katie! I'm looking forward to the next Adventure of Randy's hair! :)

AmyAnn said...

So funny! Katie - I am very impressed with your hair cutting skills! I wish I would have known all these years your secret hidden talent ...I could have saved a lot of money getting 80's haircuts from you instead of some guy who thought I would look just wonderful with half my head full of bangs! Randy - I think you should guard those pictures carefully and frame them in a few years as a suprise for Katie...I am sure Katie and your kids will love it!

Anonymous said...

Randy: What IS IT with you and Ryan and hair!!!! Someone would think you two were full of self-esteem.
AuntLeAnn

Anonymous said...

That haircut is BEAUTIFUL!!! Brings back lots of good memories.

My do times change. I remember when the dorkalert applied to kids with the short hair and crew cuts. The mullet group was the bomb!

I agree - only a real man can pull the mullet off. Way to go Randy - you da man!

marc

Jane said...

I'm pretty impressed that Randy really can pull that mullet off...now just give him some lace up vans, skinny jeans and a tight v-neck t-shirt and he would fit right in with all the hipsters in Provo...ha ha.

I love how you wrote "business in the front, party in the back"!

Terry and Kelci said...

Nice...ummmm...Mullet? Pretty dang sexy Randy. Personally, I think you should have kept the mullet. That's hot.

{autie} said...

you guys crack me up!

Courtney Shelby said...

Don't worry Randall (is that how you spell your name?), I've been trying to get Matt to do a fohawk forever. ;o) But, fo shizzle, the shor cut looks the best.

Anonymous said...

I would like to point out that had Katie gone the extra mile and put stepped lighting bolts on the sides she would have been prevented by sheer awesomeness from "fixing" anything.

Travis