It's official, Randy and I moved to Oregon! As my good friend Courtney puts it, "What are you hippies now!"

Randy finished his Associates at Bellevue CC this spring and decided he wanted to attend Pacific University in Forest Grove, OR. Forest Grove is a small town located about 45 minutes west of Portland. We don't have internet at home yet but since I'm up visiting my parents in WA I'll take the time for an update.
We're slowly unpacking and continuing to get settled. I would say that Randy is definitely handling the move and adjusting much better than I am. I'm one of those people who likes to know right where to go when I need something. I know it takes time to know a new area so I'm hopeful that in time I will feel more comfortable and at ease with our new little town.
Everyday I discover something new about Forest Grove or one of the neighboring towns, such as Target and Home Depot 20 mins away, or the swimming pool I'm allowed access to for being a spouse of a student. One of the other great things that Randy and I discovered is that we are only a little over an hour away from Cannon Beach and the Oregon coast.
(it's hard to see but that's Randy in the white way out in the middle of the tidal pools)
The last exciting news in our family is that we have had 2 weddings in the last couple of weeks. My sister was married on August 16th and my cousin Errin on Sept. 6th. One of my favorite things about weddings is the overwhelming joy on the faces of the bride and groom. It's an expression and emotion that can't be replicated, it's soo pure. I also love to listen and contemplate the words of the ceremony. It is such a great reminder of the goodness of marriage, and it brings back memories of my own wedding. I am so lucky to have married my sweetheart.
We wish the best of luck to two B-e-a-utiful new brides. Congrats Jane & Alex and Errin & Brandon!
2 comments:
Haha...that's funny that your friend thinks that everyone from Oregon is a hippy...did I ever tell you that I almost dread-locked my hair my freshman year of college? Do think Trav would have married me then?
I am glad you are getting settled in. I am pretty sure your parents are glad you are back for a visit though;) I miss the Oregon Coast!
what the heck?! We're like 10 minutes from each other right now! We have been in Hillsboro all summer... we should get together before we leave (Sept. 23). We're blessing Kate on Sunday if you're interested in driving over here for church... it would be fun to see you! Love you lots!
Brooklynn
Post a Comment