Monday, August 9, 2010

eight/nine/ten

8-9-10

I have a love/hate relationship with vacuums...


I love that well working vacuums are highly functional and incredibly useful machines. How else could I expect to keep my well used, yucky, shaggy carpet somewhat clean? One of my Aunties told me about carpet "rakes" that were used to clean really long shag carpet in the 1970's...gross!


I hate vacuums...or rather, I hate when my neighbors vacuum in the middle of the night! When we first moved to Forest Grove, we had some very interesting neighbors. They had two little kids, a toddler and a baby. The kids were either nocturnal, not on a set schedule, or sleep walkers that made messes in the middle of the night. Now maybe I am delusional about the sleeping patterns of toddlers, but aren't most of them asleep at 2/3 in the morning? They would vacuum at ALL hours of the night, regularly. Well these fine neighbors moved out and we got these new quiet neighbors that we hardly ever see or hear. They're perfect...or so we thought.  Last night my nightmare started up again at 12:45 am and went on until just after 1 am. And it wasn't the nice, casual kind of vacuuming...it was the loud, clumsy, bang into every single object in the room kind of vacuuming.  Seriously people! What kind of messes are you making that can't wait to be vacuumed in the morning, during normal, regular vacuuming hours? 


p.s. wouldn't it be nice if we all looked like the above while vacuuming...i especially love the idea of vacuuming in heels...totally practical. maybe my neighbors are practicing their "how to vacuum in heels" skills...

6 comments:

The Schneiders said...

You are so freakin hilarious! Man, I am so glad I became a follower of yours...keep the blogs coming! By the way, I hope you have a blast in Hawaii.

Woodengirl said...

Thud.

Where is Mom? What was that noise?

It seems that poor Mom Wilson has just passed out. A third post within a week has put her into some kind of over excited delirium. It is just too much for the woman.

PS. She would like it stated that she is more than willing to work up her stamina to such things.

Melonee said...

I admit to vacuuming in the middle of the night. I can never get the toys and kid clutter picked up enough while my children are awake, so I pick up after they're sleeping and then vacuum... sometimes its 1am by the time I get around to it. But, I live in a house and wouldn't vacuum in the middle of the night if I had neighbors I shared a wall with... unless I was on a mad cleaning spree the night before my in-laws were coming into town-- not that I've EVER had to do that ;)

the rutledge's- said...

Having loud neighbors is not fun, but having loud neighbors who vacuum in the night, that is the kind of stuff that makes you crazy. I mean, your brain in the middle of the night is not rational (at least mine isn't) so I am sure that a lovely vacuum sound basically makes you want to snap. Sorry about that Katie, not good. At least you are headed to Hawaii soon, I am so jealous.

Anonymous said...

Woodengirl, you are running my mascara !!!
LeAnn

Katie and Randy said...

melonee-makes sense cleaning up after the kids have gone to bed, probably a lot more effective than cleaning while they're making messes.

mom you crack me up!