Thursday, July 30, 2009

Back Online

Yep, we’re still here! After months of “barrowing” internet from our neighbors, sadly, they canceled their service. After a few weeks to mourning, we are now back online…thanks to our own, reliable connection.

In other news…it was 105 degrees in Forest Grove today. Actually, we’ve kind of been going through a little heat wave the last week or so.

Randy and I don’t have air conditioning, a swamp cooler or a window cooling unit in our apartment but thankfully we have…

one of these...


one of these...

one of these...

and, most importantly, one of these!

which we each use about 3x a day. Once in the morning, once after work and once just to cool off before bed.

I checked tonight and the thermostat in our bedroom upstairs is reading bewteen 85-90 degrees! Randy and I moved an air matress downstairs and are sleeping (or attempting rather...the reason i'm still up writing this blog) on the living room floor. I'm slowly starting to get over being sweaty all the time. Randy says this type of weather reminds him of his mission to the Philippines...hot, humid and constantly sweating.

I love the sunshine but I could really go for a breezy, cool, rainy Oregon day!

8 comments:

Hannalee said...

yuck! I feel for you. Hopefully the heat will stop soon though, right?

Jen said...

Oh no! Your days of free loading off of your neighbors have come to an end. No free internet :(
LOL, the shower pic is awesome :) Yuck, I don't know if I want to go back to Forest Grove if it is going to be that hot! We don't have A/C in our apartment either. Right now we are living in sweet central air bliss, so maybe we'll stay here for a few more weeks :)

Woodengirl said...

Yipee!!!! A post from Katie!!!!! I nearly jumped for joy!!! Except it is too hot up here in Seattle to jump around.
Love ya,
Mom

Jane said...

ha ha mom is so intense!

I can't believe how hot it is up there!!!!!! hmm, don't you think a visit to California where it is sunny and warm but not too hot and near plenty of swimming places would be nice??? hmmmm? ha ha.

Anonymous said...

The pictures of the fans were funny, but when I hit the picture of Randy I burst out laughing!! Are you dreaming of a custom shower in the future with a showerhead that he won't have to bend down for!!

P.S. Rico and I went to Westport this past week. Beautiful 80 degree ocean air walks along the beach twice a day. Ahhhhhhhhh. Although it was kind of bizarre to leave the air conditioner on in the house so the cockatiels wouldn't die while we were gone.
AuntLeAnn

Anonymous said...

Aunt LeAnn- funny you noticed the height issue! I think Randy has just gotten used to showering while leaning forward :)
Sounds like you had a great time at Westport...maybe Randy and I should just head for the coast.

-Katie

sa-rah said...

Oh, Katie! Yikes! It was so hot up here, too, and we only hit 103!

Delayne said...

Reminds me of our days in Japan during the raining season, although there you would have never been able to dry off after the shower.

Glad to see you blogging again.