Randy and I spent a pretty quiet New Year's at home in Forest Grove. And by quiet I mean we watched movies until our neighbors started blowing things up. Ahhh...the sweet sounds of fireworks, additional drunk neighbors cheering on and chants being yelled in Spanish. Welcome 2009!
To kick off the new year Randy and I made our own party hats. Pretty awesome if you ask me! Randy won a balloon art starter kit at the annual Cox Christmas gift exchange this year. We both opted for the flower attached to a head piece. Randy got a little carried away and started to deviate from the original design. He just kept adding things. Not quite sure what he ended up with?
To go with our festive hats, we also made some New Year's goodies. Any self-respecting New Year's party requires junky treats. I contributed the brownie sundaes and Randy enjoyed a large plate of his favorite...chicken wings.
All in all, it was a pretty fun night!
11 comments:
That picture of Randy with his hat is so funny! I am impressed that you guys actually ended up using your white elephant gift.
Also, your sundaes look delicious. We missed you at New Year's!
I am sitting here laughing at those hats! So funny!
Your treats look yummy! I agree with Jane, we missed you this year!
Mom
ditto...we missed you too! But it looks like you had fun anyhoo.
Okay, so the new requirement for allowing Randy to come "look" at Devins xbox is that you must bring us both a balloon hat. What an awesome way to bring in the new year!
Ha ha!! I LOVE the balloon hats!
What's a holiday without sweets anyway right? :) That's what new years resolutions are for though, I guess!
I missed Randy's chicken wings. We had some good stuff - but no chicken wings without Randy!
Marc
You two are so cute! Hope the New Year brings lots of joy to you both. Randy next time you come I'm going to make you cook up some of those wings for us!!
i knew, just knew, Randy was the best recipient of the balloon kit!of everyone in the family, he is the one who would put it to good use! love the hats!
love aunt sarah
Nice hats, Katie and Randy!! Way to party in style - I miss your brownies Katie - they look delicious!!
Those hats are pretty sweet Katie! Hopefully we can get everyone together this year for some pizza and a carmeled apple at gateway.
So we totally had wings too! It's required by Matt for any special occasion. Have you ever tried "Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce?" Tasty!
Post a Comment