Monday, June 30, 2008

Retraction!

I thought it would be appropriate to post an explanation as to why I haven't posted since March 29th...just over three months ago. The 100%, unadulterated truth is that I created this blog in secret.
 Everyone was doing it!   You know the saying that you always heard as a kid, "if all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you jump too?" In my case, YES!

So, our blog was created. I posted the first picture I came to in the browse area and slapped on a witty comment to spice it up a little. I didn't even tell Randy.

 Problem was, I had no idea that people would be able to view my little secret creation. That is how naive I was (and still am) to the whole blogging scene. I figured the only way someone could access my blog was if I figured out how to send my friends and family a coveted invite email.   

This plot would have gone over perfectly if I had stuck to my original philosophy...only lurk and leave, never post on blogs. Apparently, if you leave a comment on someone else's blog, this creates a sort of portal. A lesson I have now learned the hard or rather embarrassing way. 

What have I learned from all of this? I have amazingly kind friends and family. Despite my lame attempt at a posting (look closely at the caption above the photo of Randy...his team didn't even win!) you all commented with encouragement and positive words...Thank you!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Yay!!! You've arrived into the addicting world of blogging...congratulations! =) I just know I am going to love reading your blogs because, let's face it, you're hilarious! Love from the As(ian)!

Alena said...

Katie, for the past month (about since I've known you've had a blog), I've been checking it hoping for a new post... I went today because I knew eventually you would post again and I was shocked to find what I had been hoping for... I'm so proud!